National Zakat Foundation is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of the Straight Path Recovery House. The Straight Path Recovery House is a facility located in Surrey, British Columbia. It is an abstinence based long-term supportive recovery home for men aged 19 and over. Our minimum program length is 90 days. We provide a safe, structured and supervised living environment where men in the early stages of recovery help themselves and one another overcome their addiction. We believe that any addict/alcoholic can get clean, stay clean, and find a new way of life free from the bondage of addiction. We foster an atmosphere of recovery where residents can reach their full potential, become productive members of the community and find a new way of life.
Our facility provides shared accommodation for up to 10 men, allowing for more personalized care and attention. Residents enjoy a smoke free indoor setting, featuring two kitchens, two lounge areas, two dining areas, washrooms and showers on both floors, complete laugh area, in house computer area, sun deck, house garden and telephone access.
OUR PROGRAM INCORPORATES
- Individual and Group Counselling
- Accommodation and Nutritional Meals
- Individual Assessment and Recovery Plan
- Spritual Support
- Relapse Prevention
- Structured Environment
- Recreation and FItness Activities
- Referrals to Community Resources
- Job Training
- Support for Family Members
- Medication Management
SOCIAL AND RECREATION
- Access to the local Community Centre
- Ongoing Barbecues and other events with Family Members
- Martial Arts Program
- Work Out Area on Premises
- Volunteering in the Community – Local Food Bank etc.
- Cultural Events
The primary aim of the Living Skills portion of the program is to provide residents with instructions on day-to-day skills that will assist in recovery and control of their lives.
In the Living Skills program the following areas are covered:
- Job Search – Identify skills and abilities, set priorities, discover where and how to look for a job, prepare for interview and cope with job stress in recovery.
- Making Decisions – Explore the importance of commitment and follow through, learn how to differentiate between needs and wants, set priorities, and elevate options.
- Refusal Skills – Basics of how to identify situations where recovery may be at risk and how to change habits to support a new life.
- Values and Personal Responsibility – Identify values, accept responsibilities for behaviours and understand how to create as manageable, sober, clean, and crime free life.
- Managing Money – Explore the relationship with money, adjust attitude towards money, and learn how to budget.
- Hygiene and Self-care – Access free inexpensive hygiene and self –care resources.
- Male, aged 19 or older
- Limited medical or mental disorder
- Completed detox
- Eligible for funding
- Required to complete a TB Test
- Ability to understand and verbally communicate in English or have a translator
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for admissions or more information. – See more at: http://www.nzf.ca/OurWork/StraightPathRecoveryShelter#sthash.eemhrSiv.dpuf