The New Westminster Islamic Society has adopted a pragmatic approach to build the mosque with a cost-efficient budget. The society is looking forward to receiving donations from all Muslims. Donating money to build a Masjid for the sake of Allah is a Sadaqah Jariah (continued Charity) meaning the reward will continue to reach the donor even after his/her death. The society hopes to finance this project by:
- Hosting fund raising dinners
- Receiving generous donations from individual Muslims
- Borrowing or securing the payment of money permitted under Islamic law.
Besides the regular prayers, this masjid inshallah will provide:
- A school based on the study of the Quran and the Sunnah
- Islamic education for children
- Space for organizing community based Islamic functions
- Activities for women and youth
- Burial information and assistance services
Building a mosque is a long and challenging process which requires a great deal of resources, expertise, wisdom, patience and consultation. The New Westminster Islamic Society requests your participation and contribution to this great and noble task.