Naseeha provides our community with the tools needed to address mental health. With our confidential helpline, our youth receives immediate, anonymous, and confidential support over the phone from 3 – 9 pm, 7 days a week. With our educational programs, we raise awareness within the community the stigma around mental health.
Naseeha provides an anonymous, non-judgemental, confidential and toll-free peer support helpline to listen to and be there for youth experiencing personal challenges and to support them in working through those challenges.
Our peer support cover topics such as Drugs and Alcohol, Bullying, Religion, Marriage and Divorce, Domestic Issues, Pornography, Mental Health, Bullying, Depression, Career or Work related issues.
Education and Outreach
In 2015 Naseeha launched an Education and Outreach program in an effort to promote healthy connections in faith and educational institutions. Our hope is that every young person can thrive by navigating any personal challenges to contribute positively in their community. Some of the topics we tackle include bullying, mental health and Islamophobia.
Naseeha strives to serve the community in accordance with the following principles:
- Naseeha’s services are open to all people regardless of their age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, family makeup, social status, income, ability, physical and mental health, and even religion.
- We recognize that people have suffered prejudice, discrimination, rejection and exclusion because of such personal factors, both in the Muslim community and under the influence of social and cultural biases within our society.
- We recognize that it is a God-given right for every human being to be free in all of his or her choices, including freedom of conscience and belief.
- We believe that Islam invites each believer to personally strive to meet a code of conduct that is dignified, beautiful and sometimes challenging.
- We will share the responsibility of creating a climate of love, respect and inclusion for all in the context of our diverse society. This is built on wisdom, faithfulness, respect, integrity and accountability.