The Kelowna Mosque As-salaam is located on 1120 Highway 33 N. The organization currently provides the following services:
- Five daily prayers, Jumma (Friday) prayers, Taraweeh prayers, Eid prayers, and Janaza (Funeral) prayers
- Two Arabic classes, one for children on sundays 11AM-12:30PM and the other for adults on thursdays 7PM-8:30PM
- Dawah (Outreach) programs for new and non-Muslims
- Distribution of Zakah and Fitrah
- Burial Services
- Install Halal Monitoring and Certification Process throughout BC.
- Establish Hilal Watch groups throughout BC.
- Develop and Execute Islamic Educational and Daawa Programs.
- Clarify and establish the new roles and responsibilities of our Imams and Marriage officers.
- Work towards unity of all Muslims in BC.
- Review and strengthen existing school programs and academic innovations.
- Improve remuneration package to attract and retain good teachers.
- Foster parental involvement to maintain a high level of confidence in our schools and increase enrollment.
- Streamline and improve current registration and school planning processes.
- Establish guidelines to promote transparency and accountability among all stakeholders.
- Promote community awareness and involvement in our schools.
- Negotiate and secure as many burial plots as available at all locations, especially at the Vedder View Cemeteries.
- Train a fully licensed Muslim funeral director in accordance with BPCPA guidelines and legislation under The Funeral Services Act of Canada.
- Document both the legal and Islamic requirements and train others at key locations to conduct the burial services.
- Review proposal to partner with Vedder View Cemetery to develop the cemetery to obtain additional 15,000 burial plots.
- Study the feasibility to construct a fully operational funeral home to decrease ongoing funeral cost.
- Establish a toll free number for reporting all deaths and inquires about burial services.
- Investigate, plan and arrange for seniors’ Assisted Living facilities.
- Organize seniors get together for teas/lunches/field trips.
- Arrange a walkathon to raise funds for food bank and meals for homeless and needy.
- Initiate feasibility of blood donor clinics at each Masajid.
- Investigate provision for foster homes, women’s shelter, pre-schools and other welfare support services.
- Establish Scholarship Programs and organize with City Halls to recognize Muslim Festivals.
- Establish Half Hour programs on Islamic based Broadcast through Local TV and/or Radio stations
- Formulate guidelines and policies for Youth Group at each Branch/Chapter for common good.
- Develop a program of events and activities with focus on Islamic values and leadership training.
- Conduct yearly Muslim Youth Convention inclusive of all Youth groups from Universities/ Colleges and other Muslim Associations.
- Facilitate the establishment of Muslim Youth Club at all High Schools and Colleges to facilitate mentor programs.
- Cooperate and interact with National and International Youth Groups to strengthen brotherhood for the future.
SPORTS AND RECREATION SERVICES
- “DAWA THROUGH SPORTS AND RECREATION” Promote healthy Sports activities through each Masajid by Organizing 3 or 4 multi-sports Tournaments per year.
- Establish an Annual Sports and Recreation Day in conjunction with other Provinces to establish new relationships.
- Organize Summer Picnics and Annual Family Dinner Cruise.
- Organize Monthly Family and Senior’s Recreational Programs (i.e. Field Trips, Nature Explorers, and Salmon Bon Voyage etc).
- Initiate Ongoing Sports Leagues for our Youth in order to foster stronger brotherhood.