The primary goal of this branch is to serve Muslims living in Burnaby and surrounding areas. Currently their primary project is the construction of the Burnaby Mosque.
This organization also holds various Islamic study courses and a madrassa for the Muslim community of Burnaby.
- Install Halal Monitoring and Certification Process throughout BC.
- Establish Hilal Watch groups throughout BC.
- Develop and Execute Islamic Educational and Daawa Programs.
- Clarify and establish the new roles and responsibilities of our Imams and Marriage officers.
- Work towards unity of all Muslims in BC.
- Review and strengthen existing school programs and academic innovations.
- Improve remuneration package to attract and retain good teachers.
- Foster parental involvement to maintain a high level of confidence in our schools and increase enrollment.
- Streamline and improve current registration and school planning processes.
- Establish guidelines to promote transparency and accountability among all stakeholders.
- Promote community awareness and involvement in our schools.
- Negotiate and secure as many burial plots as available at all locations, especially at the Vedder View Cemeteries.
- Train a fully licensed Muslim funeral director in accordance with BPCPA guidelines and legislation under The Funeral Services Act of Canada.
- Document both the legal and Islamic requirements and train others at key locations to conduct the burial services.
- Review proposal to partner with Vedder View Cemetery to develop the cemetery to obtain additional 15,000 burial plots.
- Study the feasibility to construct a fully operational funeral home to decrease ongoing funeral cost.
- Establish a toll free number for reporting all deaths and inquires about burial services.
- Investigate, plan and arrange for seniors’ Assisted Living facilities.
- Organize seniors get together for teas/lunches/field trips.
- Arrange a walkathon to raise funds for food bank and meals for homeless and needy.
- Initiate feasibility of blood donor clinics at each Masajid.
- Investigate provision for foster homes, women’s shelter, pre-schools and other welfare support services.
- Establish Scholarship Programs and organize with City Halls to recognize Muslim Festivals.
- Establish Half Hour programs on Islamic based Broadcast through Local TV and/or Radio stations
- Formulate guidelines and policies for Youth Group at each Branch/Chapter for common good.
- Develop a program of events and activities with focus on Islamic values and leadership training.
- Conduct yearly Muslim Youth Convention inclusive of all Youth groups from Universities/ Colleges and other Muslim Associations.
- Facilitate the establishment of Muslim Youth Club at all High Schools and Colleges to facilitate mentor programs.
- Cooperate and interact with National and International Youth Groups to strengthen brotherhood for the future.
SPORTS AND RECREATION SERVICES
- “DAWA THROUGH SPORTS AND RECREATION” Promote healthy Sports activities through each Masajid by Organizing 3 or 4 multi-sports Tournaments per year.
- Establish an Annual Sports and Recreation Day in conjunction with other Provinces to establish new relationships.
- Organize Summer Picnics and Annual Family Dinner Cruise.
- Organize Monthly Family and Senior’s Recreational Programs (i.e. Field Trips, Nature Explorers, and Salmon Bon Voyage etc).
- Initiate Ongoing Sports Leagues for our Youth in order to foster stronger brotherhood.
- Email Address email@example.com
- Fax Number (604) 244-9750